Thursday, August 10, 2017

Nerve-racking…



That has been my life for a while.  Sometimes I bury it and ignore the problem, but it follows me as I haven’t dealt with it yet.

This morning I started simply.  I slept a half hour longer than normal.  I made breakfast (which was lovely, thanks to Marianne for the fresh tomatoes).  I gathered my needed items and left the house.
I started alone with my thoughts.  Then turned to prayer focused on God.  Took a deep breath. 
Called my sister.  Alaina was in a park with my sweet and beautiful nieces and nephews.  She was watching her children play.  She was watching the other children play and she described two situations-1 a child falling into a puddle bigger than he was. 2 a baby wanting to meet her newest baby.  Sweet pictures.  Simple.  My imagination ran away, for my babies were having fun with their Mom, my beautiful, gifted, compassionate, amazing sister.

Then I landed in a coffee shop where I hoped to set up shop and disentangle portions of my life that have been a frustration.  There were more people here than I anticipated.

Three people studiously working with paper and pencils, along with computers.  Two women discussing who knows what over their individual laptops, two men in what sounded like a casual conversation about the direction they hoped their church would take.  Two acquaintances who hugged and chatted a minute. 

Then they faded away and I focused.

Now there are almost a whole new set of people surrounding me.  Closest to me are five friends who have who knows what in common, maybe high school, they are quite young and all beautiful.  Definitely reuniting so maybe before returning to college? 

Isn’t it amazing that these faces we see all the time, are so different?  And they have such distinctive personalities! 

I marvel. 

What kind of God makes so much diversity?
 
A pretty awesome one, if you ask me.

No comments: